Windows roon application: volume, previous, next track, play, pause controls missing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC7i7BNH server-Crucial SSD 1TB with library (10231 tracks), WD My Cloud Pro PR2100 10TB (backups only) RAID1, 20TB raw
OS Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
dB: 98% of 114 GB available.
Server: Version 1.8 (build 778) stable (64bit)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
DHCP using reservations for ROCK.

• Remotes: 2 PCs (Windows 7 & 10), Android tablet, Android mobile device
  • Network: TPLink TL-R600VPN Router, TPLink TC-7610 DOCSIS3.0, Netgear GS108, TPLink TL-SG1008D1
    APs: TPLink AP500, TL-WA801ND
  • Endpoints (7) 4 Sonos Connects; 3 sMS-200 Neo endpoints,

Description Of Issue

On the windows 7 pc the menu, volume, previous track, next track, pause, and play controls in the roon application disappeared. I uninstalled and reinstalled the roon application. The controls work for a while, then disappear again.

When returned to full screen, the menu is visible but none of the other mentioned controls. When exiting the full screen, the menu disappears. None of the other controls are visible in full screen or exit of full screen.

Here is a screenshot missing the controls mentioned and the icon for the endpoints.

Hello @racingdriver,

Make sure you are running the latest drivers available for your GPU. I recommend going to the GPU manufactures site and downloading them directly from there.

If you don’t have an “AMD” or “NVidia” GPU in your system you most likely have Intel Integrated Graphics and should get the drivers from the Intel website.

-John

John,
Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked.for updates.

I decided trying rebooting the core and now the controls are visible again. Perhaps there were pending uncommitted changes?

Let’s give it 24 hours. Thanks again. g

Hello @racingdriver,

I hope that fixes it for you, but it’s impossible for me to tell without having the computer in front of me.

If the issue pops up again I recommend going to the AMD website and grabbing their driver update tool. Windows Update does not always have the latest drivers.

https://www.amd.com/en/support

-John

1 Like

@john
If the recurs, then I will pay the AMD site a visit.
Have a great day.
thx
g

1 Like

Hello @racingdriver,

I marked the thread as “Solved” so that it doesn’t appear as an open ticket for our support team. This means that it will automatically lock in the next 48 hours if someone does not post in the thread.

If the issue re-occurs after 48 hours, just open a new thread and include a link to this one so that we can see the history.

Glad things are working right now!

-John

The no controls issue returned without any changes by me, and I have the latest OEM video driver.

• Restarting Roon server does not resolve the issue.
  • Rebooting the ROCK resolves the issue, but for how long?

Rebooting the ROCK resolves the issue every time it occurs without any changes to the PC client. The issue appears to be more server side, than client.

Shall I open a new incident?

thx
g

Hi @racingdriver, no need to open a new topic as this one is still open.
@john, @noris and the rest of the @support team will see you have posted and follow up with you.

I’ve also set it to “open” once more.

1 Like

Perfect thx!
g

1 Like

Hello @racingdriver ,

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Are you still seeing this issue in the latest Roon release? If so, can you please note the time + date of the issue and then use these instructions to send a set of logs from the Roon Remote affected?

Noris,
Thanks for the response and follow-up.
After subsequent updates, I am not experiencing the issue.

thx
g

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.