Windows11: no local audio device could be enabled

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Version 1.8 (build 898) stable
Ubuntu Linux
Proc: AMD EPYC 7282
RAM: 64 GB
Audio files (1.390.122 tracks) on lan connected Synology Raid5 NAS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
connection to NAS via LAN
Netgear 10 Gbit Switch, 10 Gbit NAS-Port (Synology Network Card)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Oppo HA-2, USB local to Windows Client
iFi nana iDSD BL, USB local to Windows Client
build-in Realtek Sound Card
Topping DX7 Pro via RoPieee (LAN)

Description Of Issue
On a Windows 11 Client (Dell XPS 13) i´m not able to enable any local audio device (Oppo HA-2, iFi nana iDSD BL, build-in Realtek Sound Card) to roon. Every device could be used to play music by Spotify, Tidal, foobar2000… The dac in the network can of course also be addressed/used.
The same USB-connected devices can be on a Windows 10 client enabled without any problems.

Hi @Berthold thank you for reaching out to us about this!

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

I also see that you’re using a Realtek sound card - is there any way that you can disable or uninstall this? We have seen RealTek cause issues in the past and would like to confirm if this is what’s causing this issue for you.

Please let me know how this goes! Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.