"Wishlist" Library View for Future Listening [resolved using Tags]

Sometimes when I am listening to music and browsing, I come across an album or artist that I’d like to listen to sometime in the future.

I don’t want to listen to it now… maybe tomorrow, or next week? I could drag or mark that album for “Future Listening” … it could be something in my own library or Tidal (and I don’t necessarily want to add the album from Tidal into my library - I haven’t listened to it yet)

At anytime, I could click on that view (for example, underneath “Internet Radio”) and I would be shown the albums that I had marked, and select one or more to play… if I change my mind, I could remove the album from the view, or in the case of Tidal, add it to my library

I realize that I can create a playlist called “Future” and add the tracks… but that’s not the same, I really don’t want to scroll through dozens/hundreds of tracks to find something…

Just an idea post 1.3, what do you think? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a tag called “Listen to Me” which I use exactly for this. I don’t have to “scroll through tracks”. I can browse albums, and filter/focus the browser.

2 Likes

Thanks, Ludwig! Yes, that is a very good way to handle it… is there a way to tag Tidal albums that are not in your library?

No but I just put the album in my library and then tag it.

There is a way to add them from Roon, is there a way to remove them from Roon without going into Tidal.

Sure. Just delete the album. This is possible in many views. (Be sure to delete the right one if you have duplicates.)

I will use your method, it works well… I’ve tagged and untagged a few albums to see… it’s a few more clicks than I had in mind but manageable.

That said, I do hope that the Roon team consider a more streamlined way to handle this, if people other than you and I use it their music library in this way.

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

I do the same, and I have a few of these: Play This: Jazz; Play This: Rock; Play This: R&B; Play This: 2016, and so on.

1 Like

And the new “Tags” link underneath “Playlists” is exactly what I was looking for!

Loving 1.3 … thank you!!