Wont connect to Nucleus

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Roon Nucleus (1.7)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet direct from Nucleus to endpoints, wifi for remotes(Apple iPads)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Nucleus usb connection to Project Pre-box S2 dac/amp. IPad(s) used for remotes.

*Description Of Issue

Worked fine last night- no problems, but next morning remotes can not access nucleus. Even settings page for nucleus won’t load. (10.0.1.2).

No configuration changes over the last week.

Once it saw the nucleus, but connection failed(with two different remotes) and now can’t even see it.

Hello @Jennifer_Kellogg,

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Nucleus!

I’m not sure what could have caused this issue to occur overnight… I would give the Nucleus and your Router a full power cycle (disconnect from power for 1 minute) and see if that clears up things.

If the Nucleus + Router power cycle does not work you should try connecting the Nucleus’ HDMI output to a TV or Monitor to see if any error messages appear on-screen.

-John

Power cycle got me up and running again. Thanks. But this has happened (once)before. I am a handicapped person and power cycling is not trivial for me, requiring help from others in these days of social distancing. I had hoped for permanent fix or answer to the mystery.

Oh well, all we can do is our best!

Thank you for your efforts.

From the IP address you noted I might assume you are running on Apple AirPort Extreme or Express.

There are sometimes issues with these network devices and they are somewhat troublesome for many as noted here

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices

“Finally, we strongly recommend against using Apple network devices such as the Apple Airport Extreme and Airport Express”

Nucleus is connected through ethernet, 2 main endpoints are directly plugged into nucleus via usb. Wifi is only used on iPads to control nucleus, never as an endpoint. I have been using Apple wifi products for years with excellent performance and fantastic coverage. I find them easy to use and configure, and would not part with them for any reason. My signal strength is nearly 100% anywhere in the house, w/no problems.

Personally I replaced all my multiple APE network some years ago and haven’t looked back…even apple has dropped the product for sales back in 2018.

Sure plenty of APE’s out there still doing fine, even one in my house as a TimeCapsual and bridged network on a desk tho that might change soon too and the TC is getting pretty long in the tooth for reliable disk MTBF

Im not saying you will be having having issues but its a red flag, and you seem to be having something connectivity wise going on.

So is your APE updated to the latest firmware? Have you restarted the APE to? Understand this might be difficult with your situation but troubleshooting these kinds of transient issues will sometimes need some hands on.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.