Work not recognized

The work in question is Chausson’s string quartet in an album that Roon cannot identify despite my best efforts with SongKong.

I found another recording of the work on Qobuz and changed the work’s title to match that but still Roon doesn’t seem to get it. What can I do to rectify this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Philip

Unidentified albums only get identified works if (a) you have another identified performance of the work already and (b) the titles are the same. (You might be able to have some slight differences if the opus number is there, but best to just copy and paste from Allmusic.)

In your position I would do the following:

1. Try to have Roon identify the album. Probably you tried already?
  2. Failing that, or if it doesn’t help, find another performance on Tidal or Qobuz and add it, getting it to identify. Once you have done that, the problem performance will identify. You can then remove the Tidal/Qobuz album afterwards.

Let me know if you have further trouble.

(Btw if the album doesn’t identify I recommend you fix the album artist. It needs semicolons in your tags.)

Thank you, Ludwig, for your helpful suggestions.

I’d already tried and failed to have Roon identify the album. I think it just doesn’t exist in Roon’s database.

I followed your instructions for getting Roon to recognize the quartet and they worked perfectly.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.