Would really like Roon to be able to random select an album from my library for me

As an ex Roon user, I’d like to ask if this feature made it into 1.8 … it is the one thing that might tempt me back. Thanks.

1 Like

An excellent question indeed!
Can’t answer yet as out of state for work.
Anyone?

Looks like our wishes fell on deaf ears…

I vote for this as well. It’s essentially “album shuffle mode” which has been asked for many times on here, but it never seems to get much of a response… To clarify, we want Roon to randomly choose an album and play it straight through in order, and then if we want, do it again and again…

1 Like

In my mind it is not rocket science and on a lot of music apps it is a common feature, I just looked at a few FREE apps available for Android phone and at least 50% of them had a random album option and not just the total random track that Roon seems to think we are all ok with.
C,mon Roon, my subscription is due in April, help me make a decision here!

I would definitely use this, so it’s a +1 from me. Particularly if we could focus the selection pool, e.g. “play me a random album that I’ve tagged as progressive rock”.

2 Likes

Great idea on the tagged pool Nick!

Well as a thread I created for the feature request section got merged against my wishes with a dissimilar thread I think it’s time to push this to the forefront again.

Still asking mr.Roon.

Surely it would not be hard to manage this on one of your new build fixes??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.