Would the mRendu benefit from a good power supply?

The iFi will work, but it is overkill. The nature of the LPS-1 means that the quality of the feeder electricity is irreleant. You are better off using the $15 wall wart that comes with the unit as an option. Save the iFi for another use where you actually need a low noise source.

The above is also the recommendation of Uptone Audio.

1 Like

I have a microRendu powered by the LPS-1. I did a fair bit of research before buying the LPS-1 and I have to say I am more than happy with it, zero ‘buyers regret’ for me. From what I have read subsequently, I suspect that the Paul Hynes SR7 might be a little better, but it is more costly also. The link below is also worth a quick look, there are other views, and in this case the Sbooster LPSU edges ahead…

Thanks. I ordered the LPS-1 yesterday with the optional $15 wall wart

Took about 15 minutes to “warm-up” but yeah its a really nice upgrade. I was listening to music late into the night.

2 Likes

The waiting for it to arrive is the hardest part. :relaxed:

@thyname I was a bit skeptical how big a difference a power supply could make, but I tried out the UltraCap LPS-1 for my mRendu and was surprised that the improvement was immediately noticeable. I don’t have technical knowledge but I do know that I live in a crowded urban neighborhood with aging electrical infrastructure, in an apartment with who-knows-what kind of old wiring, so it may be under these kind of conditions, the complete separation from the AC that the LSP-1’s ultracapacitors achieves makes a big difference. Replacing the iFi wall wart with the LPS-1, I noticed similar kinds of sonic improvements as others here have described, and in my case in particular also a noticeable improvement in tightness and deepness of bass. Hope that’s helpful.

3 Likes