Wrong artist when importing from NAS

Roon Core Machine

Windows 8.1 Pro x64, i5-4590 CPU @3.30 GHz, 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

TP-Link VR1600v on WiFi and Internet

Connected Audio Devices

Audio devices connected by USB from computer. Control by computer’s screen and keyboard/mouse as well as by Roon app on Lenovo tablet.

Library Size

20,361 tracks; 715 GB

Description of Issue

I only have 4 albums by Adele on the NAS but once the full NAS was imported I had 663 albums imported under the ‘Adele’ artist name despite the artists were The Who, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd or whoever.
The remaining albums were imported correctly including some by The Who, The Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd or whoever.
The NAS directory is extremely simple: Folder ‘Artist name’ > subfolders ‘Artist album’.
Each ‘Artist album’ contains the audio files in either mp3, flac, wav files and .jpg of CD cover.

I’ve found out how to re-edit an album, one by one. But I don’t want to do it for 663 albums one at a time.

I’m currently in a 14-day trial period of Roon. This is a major issue for me to not using Roon despite its superiority to other players I’ve tried.

Can you help?

Thanks,
JC

Hey @Jean-Christophe_Xerr

Thank you for your question and for launching your Roon trial! It’s our pleasure to welcome you to the fold and our Roon Community.

Take a look at this article from our Help Center on bulk editing tracks. This should get you going!