Wrong cover art although correct in allmusic

This album shows a wrong cover art, although I did not edit it. Funnily, when I let roon identify it anew, roon shows the correct cover art shortly and the again a almost blank white cover

Is this a CD that you have ripped to local files? If so, is this cover existing as a local JPEG file? The import process of Roon has “prefer best” set as the default, so if this file exists, and is a higher resolution than Roon’s online version, then it will be used.

I note that Roon knows about this album in its online database, and has the correct cover showing there…

Thanks for the swift reply!
Ripped to local files, yes. But I have the correct cover in the metadata

I have no idea where the other cover is coming from…

Two things to try:

• select the File data (Datei beorzugen) instead of this Roon data for this album
  • check that Roon has identified the album correctly (your album title is different for the title I show in my screenshot)

The album title is not mine

If I switch to my cover art, it is displayed correctly - but that doesn’t solve the question why roon is showing a nonsense cover…
I even checked the artists complete discograpy in roon: showing the wrong cover (in my setup).
That leads me to the question how roon decides on the album title - which is completely different in your screenshot…?

So do step 2 as suggested in my previous post: go to the Album Editor and click the “Identify album” button to see if there is a better match for the album in Roon’s database…

Maybe my english is too bad for this, but I thought I mentioned I did this - and not only once…

On the contrary, the album seems to have been identified correctly (shows up in the discography of the main artist and the conductor - with the worng cover art and the title I showed in the screenshot) but the content is somehow different for what it should be…

You’re still using the “Bach: 3 Oboe Concertos” title in the search. Try clearing that to see if the correct album shows up in the results.

Just tried a wider search, and indeed the album that is found is the one with the strange cover.

Over to Roon labs now to see if they can come up with why this is happening…

Do I have to do something special for roon support to look at this?

No - a member of the Roon Labs team monitors this forum category.

Not sure if useful, but Spotify has the wrong album cover depicted here, so there may be an external resource that has the wrong album cover. Tidal and Qobuz seem to have it OK.