Wrong track titles for later Beatles 198x and 2009 remasters

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Beatles - sgt pepper, white album and Abbey road; original cd issues and 2009 remasters

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

No

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Local

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

All tracks have the title of the later years remixes like

Come together [2019 remix]

Have you tried editing each album to select different releases? These should have appropriate metadata.

1 Like

That does the trick, but it is a bit strange that I have to choose a vinyl edition to get the right meta data.

1 Like

Agreed, it shouldn’t be necessary, but at least it is more accurate than it was before.

1 Like

Hey @Henk_Van_de_Schoot,

Thank you for posting your question. My apologies for the delayed response. I see that you’re gotten some great help from @Anthony_B. Thank you for the assist Mr. Bates!

We’re in the process of exploring some changes to metadata handling that should help with matching accuracy.

In the meantime, I wanted to post the steps for this in the event that they may be of help to others.

You can re-identify albums in Roon by doing the following:

1. Click the ellipsis on the album page
  2. Click edit
  3. Click Identify album
  4. Click the correct album title if it appears (for albums that have been reissued numerous times you may need to poke around a bit to find the entry that displays multiple iterations - see screenshot below)
  5. On the next page compare the tracks on your library version to the one in our database
  6. If you don’t see the album you’re looking for click “None of these look right”
  7. Enter the Artist and Album Title in the search window and click the correct album
  8. On the next page compare the tracks on your library version to the one in our database
  9. Click Save
  10. Review the metadata again to ensure you selected the correct version.

That should get you taken care!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.