WTH: Qobuz purchases and favourites auto-added anew this morning! :-/

happened this morning on launch
(Mac Mini running Roon Server shuts down every night)

All Qobuz purchases that Roon 1.6 didn’t add on first launch, when initially released, have been added this morning + all my favourites anew :roll_eyes:

And, even worst, all have been added as “added today” so my preferred sorting “By Date Added” is now completely useless! (have been working on it since the initial mess Roon 1.6 did. Now I’m back to weeks ago) :rage:

once more: PLEASE let users choose what they want auto-added to their library (… if anything at all!)
thanks!

… hundreds of duplicates again. some easy to find but many not at all (because of title edited, I guess: many Qobuz albums have french titles)

@support looks pretty useless cleaning my library once more before the root cause of what happened today is found and fixed

Hi @pl_svn,

Apologies for the trouble here. We have been working with Qobuz on a sync issue that has affected some accounts and, as of this morning, affected accounts should now be fully syncing with Roon. This should only sync albums favorited in Qobuz that are not already in Roon. So seeing new albums makes sense here, but it sounds like there might be something else going on here as well and we’d like to gather a little more information.

First, I do want to note that we’ve made the decision to remove Qobuz “purchases” from Roon for now, and this will take effect in our next update. Purchased content will still be able to be “favorited” on Qobuz and synced to your library if you’d like, but non-favorited purchases will no longer sync after this update.

Just to verify here, all of your favorites that were previously in Roon have been re-imported in Roon with a new date? These are not just new albums?

Can you elaborate a bit on what editing you’ve been doing since the initial Qobuz sync? Have you been deleting Qobuz albums in Roon that are now showing up again? Were you making other edits?

hi @dylan

• great news! :slight_smile: (purchases not synching anymore)
  • not sure all my favourites have been added anew but for sure most of them have + many purchases
  • since 16 release I have deleted (almost) all purchases (duplicates, as files were already in my library) and started adding to library/removing from library (and/or Qobuz website) some favourites. also “moved to the front” some favourites (via Qobuz website)

ok… looks 1.6-401 fixed the (duplicated) purchases issue

thank you :slight_smile:

EDIT: just found, though, that Purchases are also gone from “My Qobuz” section and… not sure at all this is a good idea :neutral_face:

Hi @pl_svn,

We’ve received word from Qobuz that they’ve rolled out an update that should resolve any syncing issues — This includes a fix to the Date Added that appears in Roon. Let us know how things are going now that this fix has been released.

Thanks!

2 Likes

yes @dylan : favourites, now, do sort correctly by date added in my library too

thank you so much :slight_smile:

Now I can have fun seeing when I added my albums… seems 2017 was a manic year of music acquisition!! :smile:

btw… next step, hopefully, is… if stuff shows in my library make it so it actually is there :wink:
(now I must go to “my qobuz” section and click “Add to Library” :no_mouth: :roll_eyes: )

thanks

Why do you need to do this?

if I don’t I can’t “rate” anything :confused:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.