X86 32 bit Linux RoonBridge still possible? [Resolved]

I cleaned out both install and uninstall and inserted only this statement.

Same error.

Thanks to everyone here I am learning a lot. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Then I suspect there may be more points within the script that checks for architecture than we have discovered so far. Let’s hope Martin finds time to fire-up his old netbook… :slightly_smiling_face:

No doubt that this script is badly broken. I moved to a much more powerful i686 machine and it still does not recognize it as 32 bit.

On the new machine I went through all the steps and tests we did above to no avail.

1 Like

Has the QA team looked at this yet? These 32 bit devices are stacking up around me.

Hi @Extra_Fidelity,

Yes, the QA team has looked at this and they have submitted a ticket with the development team as they are the ones best suited to address this issue. I don’t have any further information at this time, just that the ticket is pending review and is in the queue. I appreciate your patience here until I hear of any new updates regarding this case!

Just a thought, have you tried installing the harder way? That is, do the manual installation: see option 2 in https://kb.roonlabs.com/LinuxInstall.

Hi Martin-

I spent countless hours with both methods. The same pre-install hardware verification is performed going either way. That verification fails to recognize a valid 32 bit architecture.

If anyone else has been able to use the current 32 bit download with success please let me know.

A growning number of people are relying on me to get their 32 bit machines working as endpoints.

Okay, I’ve got a workaround for you. You’ll need to modify one line and add a few others. First, confirm the architecture:

arch

I am assuming this returns i686.

Change line 8 to ARCH=i686

Now add the following to the case statement marked # Check for proper architecture

i686*)
if [ x$ARCH = xi686 ]; then OK=1; fi
;;

That’s it, it should run okay now. Tested with Ubuntu 16.04.6 Server (32-bit).

3 Likes

Martin, I owe you a big double scoop sundae! What is your favorite topping? :ice_cream:

Line 8 was the problem. I had already made the changes around line 100.

So…here is the fix if anyone else gets stuck.

Thank you so very much!!!

1 Like

Hello @Extra_Fidelity & Others following this thread,

I just received confirmation from QA that the installer has been updated on our downloads page and that this issue should be resolved, thanks!

1 Like

Is it possible to update this install outside of Core?