Yellowtec Puc2 Lite Roon Rock Compatibility

I would like to use my yellowtec puc2 lite between my nuc installed roon rock and AMR DP777Se dac.

Could you inform me whether it is possible to use with this usb converter?

Kind Regards,

Yes, well at least in Linux so I suppose also with Rock. But it will only play at 44.1 and 48khz. For higher sample rates you will need a driver. Haven’t looked at their website for a while. They announced a Linux driver a while ago but things go slow at Yellowtec

@tolga_altuntas

Looking at their specs it’s USB 2.0 Type B, supporting 24 bit and the following sampling rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz.

There should be no issues using it with natively in Linux for any of the above-mentioned sampling rates.

No doesn’t work. I know because I have one and have tried it and it was also confirmed by Yellowtec. Highres works only on mac and windows with the yellowtec drivers. They do not use an off the shelf usb receiver.

Earlier this year they confirmed on facebook that the later firmware supports Linux.

Yellowtec I have great news for you. The new PUC2 firmware is available now. It also supports Linux. Please have a look at our websites download section: http://www.yellowtec.com/…/puc2-usb-audio-devices.html

I ordered a PUC2 Lite last week, received it today, installed the latest Linux firmware and am pleased to report it works 100%. Tried Redbook through DSD and everything in-between without issue.

1 Like