Yen for washing leads to no track name

I’ve got an album that looks like this (notice no track name on the first track):

I looked at the metadata, and found this:

Apparently the word “love” had transmuted to “lave” in the track metadata (and track filename). I changed it back, and put the corrected track back into the album folder. But Roon doesn’t seem to see the change. Do I need to re-analyze or some such?

Hey @Bill_Janssen,

If you go to Edit > Re-Scan album is there any change?

Can you please share a screenshot of your settings in Library > Import Settings?

Can you share a screenshot of View File Info > File Tags for this track?

Thanks,
Dylan

Sorry, @dylan. I’ve already deleted the whole folder (it has four subdirectories, “Disk 1”, “Disk 2”, etc.), and replaced it with a copy that has the fixed track data (the only change is to change “Lave” to “Love” in the TITLE tag of that track, and change the filename). After doing that, the replacement shows up correctly.

That second picture above is the View File Info > File Tags for the track. Odd, isn’t it? I thought it might be an artifact of the remote I was using (Roon Remote running under Wine on Linux), so I tried it with Remote on an iPad as well. Same problem.

@dylan: There’s a lot of settings in Library > Import Settings. Too many to share via a screenshot. Any particular section you’d like to look at? Or perhaps multiple screenshots?

Hey @Bill_Janssen,

I’m glad to hear that things were resolved when you re-imported! No need for screenshots of your settings since that was taken care of.

Does this happen for every track, or just the one that was giving you an issue before?

Thanks,
Dylan

Just that one. Tracks where the Roon title agrees with the file tag display normally.

Thanks, @Bill_Janssen!

I just wanted to let you know that I’ve passed along your report to the technical team for further investigation here. I’ll be sure to update you once I have received feedback from the team.

Thanks,
Dylan

1 Like