Yes feat. Anderson, Rabin, Wakeman announce Quintessential Yes: The 50th Anniversary Tour

1 Like

Yeeeees. I’m seeing them on June 10th in Copenhagen.

Super show, I saw them twice last year including the show in Manchester used for the DVD and I’m going to London in June.

I saw this show in 2014, another review/prog rave here. Jon Anderson was unwell at the time, but Jon Davison did a great job. I thought the show was really very good and was so happy listening to them.

This is the “other” Yes, I’ve seen them many times including the 5 Cruise to The Edge.

Was once a big Yes fan. As far as I’m concerned this is a fake version of Yes. Not enough members to legitimately call themselves Yes.
Feel the same about other old bands. When Daltrey and Townshend play together without Moon and Entwhistle, they shouldn’t call themselves The Who. Maybe “Daltrey and Townshend Play Songs of the Who”, but not the Who.

1 Like

Personally having seen both recently, I prefer ARW with the true voice of Yes. Certainly the guitar of Stewe Howe would be a plus, but his ego is a little too marked for me. Besides, I’m glad that ARW does not leave all the 50th birthday cake to the “other” Yes. That said, the fact that they were performing under the name ARW did not bother me. For me the name does not matter.

Frankly I love both YES factions as it keeps the music alive. BTW - I’m signed up for CTTE 2019. That will be 5. Prog On

I was there ! :wink:

I love the golden cape Wakeman is wearing on the tour😀

@Dirk-Pitt Really looking forward to this. I have not been able to catch this lineup but I can only imagine how good they must be. Is Lee Pomeroy playing bass on this one. He is very talented and seems to be in demand.

Yes, he is.

Saw them both in San Antonio (Majestic Theater, beautiful venue) - must say both shows were excellent but I preferred the Steve Howe version. I loved how they got the two versions onstage together for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

1 Like