Yet another Roon + Tidal issue

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Qnap 251+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Linksys EA8300

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bricasti M5 + Benchmark DAC3

Description Of Issue

Like many others, since the last update using Roon + Tidal has become almost impossible and sure very annoying. It work randomly and quite rarely without issues.

At the rest of the time it just don’t start the playback. More than that.after I try I need to reset my streamer in order to listen to local library stuff.

I tried: restarting the router, restarting the core and all the remotes both pc and android.

Needles to say that the Tidal app works with no issues and internet speed i way above the requirements for any music needs.

Please advise

Hi @Nir_Roiter,

You should be aware that this Core does not meet our Minimum Requirements, it looks like it uses a Celeron CPU which is under our recommended CPU specifications.

As for this issue in particular, does it affect only the Bricasti zone or does it impact other zones as well? What exactly are you seeing in Roon, do you see any error messages?

What is your network speed according to speedtest.net or fast.com?

The Qnap works better than the windows running NUC7i5 i have and anyway I don’t see how it is related to the specific problem roon works flawlessly if not for the tidal issue.
When trying to play tidal i see a “light” going back and forth on the play progress bar.
No error msg. Simply won’t play.
I don’t have other zones to test it on.
Internet speed is
Ping ms

Download Mbps

Upload Mbps

And probably doubles in the evening.

An update.
I finally managed to play a song or two but after few minutes I get the msg
“Tidal media is loading slowly…” it then skip to the next song.
Makes little sense considering the tidal app shows no hint of problem.

Hi @Nir_Roiter,

Can you please note the exact local time + date + track you experience this issue next with? I would like to enable diagnostics mode for your account and see if the logs have any further clues.

I don’t log my listening hours so I’ll try it again in the weekend and report.
You can try diagnose yesterday 2-3 pm when I listened to sada baby album and little later to omen by oscarr. The first one worked somehow with breaks and skips the second one I couldn’t listen

Hi, I’ve noticed another thing.
When I try to play tidal from my android phone I experience this 100% of the time.
Playback won’t start and I have to reset the bricasti in order to play local files.

From this mornin 9:23 Korea time