Your favorite album released in January of 2022?

I’m guessing you can see where this might go - as we wrap up the year, let’s look month by month at Roon users’ favorite albums. My favorite released in January of this year is Welcome to the Planet by Big Big Train. Quite bittersweet as it was a posthumous release for the talented David Longdon.

What’s your January favorite?

1 Like

It doesn’t reach the top of the previous one, but still very nice

3 Likes

I own and like both of those albums, but my BBT says it was released in Feb.

Though shout for January with releases from Rick Miller, John Mellencamp and the Weekend also in there, but after careful consideration the Judge from Wales awards his 10 points to this excellent album.

1 Like

3 Likes

According to their Bandcamp page for the album, the release date was January 28, 2022 and that’s the date I added it to my library. Perhaps different dates for different formats or countries?

Yes I seemed to remember it coming out at the end of January and also you are probably right based on me adding it at the end of Jan toy library. There seems to be some contradictory dates in the Roon metadata

1 Like

I’m not a metadata perfectionist, but it is something I like to tinker with from time to time. I struggle with the ‘release date’ vs ‘original release date’. I suppose for a remix/remaster, the release date is the date for the remastered version and the original date is the date the album was first released. But if there is no remix/master, should both dates be the same, should one field be left blank? Don’t mean to hijack my own thread, maybe I’ll head over to the metadata category and dig around there…

1 Like

4 Likes

This, for me, is one of the albums of the whole year not just January

3 Likes

I’ve listened through once, I think, but I’ll check it out again today!

1 Like

Agreed. Not sure about the whole year, but it’s definitely a great album.

2 Likes