Your favourite albums?

I recently re-discovered Steve Morse’s first album with Deep Purple. Strong songs and musicianship, lots of experimentation and a good mix. One of their best.

4 Likes

I’m listening to this album now! Man I use to listen to 10 cc when I’d go flying across the So Cal desert, watching the sun come up, on my way to Big Bear to go snow skiing!…my buddies and I would have Art for Art’s Sake…cranked to 10….maybe twistin a little something up to improve the acoustics ….:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thanks for the memories!

1 Like

First track to last, an outstanding album.

RoonShareImage-637610337741856811

13 Likes

The Songbook series is the best matching between song material and performing artist that I know about - and I’m mostly a pop/rock guy. Can’t see how it could get any better. Perfect, timeless and with infinite replay value. And the sound is great too!

1 Like

Nemesis is the best thing Stratovarius ever did, and they’ve had a lot of great albums!

Have you tried the Lo Moon album?

I haven’t Lee. Will check it out, thanks :+1:

1 Like

Kyuss - Welcome to Sky Valley, simply the best stoner rock album of the best stoner rock band of all time.

9 Likes

I’d be interested to know what you think.

I haven’t heard it. But that’s some big praise so, I’ll report back on what my neighbours say later.

1 Like

Will let you know Lee. I will give it a spin tonight :+1:

It was pretty darn good. It’s been added to the library for more listening, thanks.

If I listed my favourite records they would be Dylan The Beatles Rolling Stones Van Morrison and so on
But starting in the early 70’s and on to today they have mostly been relatively” unfamous”
Probably starting with this

2 Likes

Gave this a listen last night Lee.
Good album. You can definitely hear the talk talk album influences and I think the singer even has a uncanny resemblance in his voice to Mark Hollis. Nice find :+1:

1 Like

folder

My favourite Elliott Murphy album.

4 Likes

Favorite of August. Elis and Tom together in this CD is a memorable event!

7 Likes

I wouldn’t say I have a favorite album per se. I have favorites, two of which (Skylarking by XTC and Laughing Stock by Talk Talk) were already mentioned. So, I will suggest this little gem:

I at least like all the OMD catalog, even the crappy stuff in the 90’s, but this is a highlight. Not a bad track on the album. It also holds pride of place as the single disc album with the most plays in my collection according to Roon. So there you go!

11 Likes

Great choice of an album that I have in 3 format’s. Just an amazing album :+1:

1 Like

Just a joyous album. I had the pleasure to see them live in London at Crystal Palace recently, they were in superb form

4 Likes

Right after this came out I was gifted it and a walkman.
I spent the next week trapped in a car with my parents and brother.

A well timed belting out of “Gloria, in te domine” can really shake up a car ride.
RoonShareImage-637717527315614690

8 Likes