Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2023-01]

Spent three days in Hong Kong, that’s one building I remember, the other was the Ferrari garage…I was ill after a bad hotel meal, that was the extent of my “tour” apart from…

11 Likes

Taken with my brand new Olympus OM-1 with 40-150 f/4 lens. I think I am going to like this camera…

16 Likes

I really liked Hongkong. We were there a few days while waiting for our Chinese visa to come.

12 Likes

I did China first then HK, but didn’t get to see very much due to the illness.
The place did seem “cramped” and, being a country dweller, I probably didn’t appreciate it as much as others might.

1 Like

9 Likes

Phenomenal shots. The lighting is perfect! And look at the colors.

Off topic: I really understand. While I was reared and have lived in only large cities, my personal preference would be for open land, hills, trees, ponds, streams, wildlife. I can appreciate that others see these huge and brightly lit cities as colorful.

3 Likes

Just your average little summerhouse. Brick built when they were a luxury building material.

16 Likes

and labour wasn’t even 25% of the total building costs…

2 Likes

Now that Ged has retired, this is his Man Cave at the bottom of the garden. Commissioned by his wife, so that it is far enough away from the house to avoid her hearing his Roon playlists. :laughing:

5 Likes

A nice short run tonight, temperature 23°C, a run through Escott Estate (Home of the Beautiful Days Festival)…

Escott House in the centre ground.

15 Likes

11 Likes

A lack of Baltic sunshine today but this week’s workplace is the very nice Helsinki public library, next doorish to the Museum of Modern Art. The library’s the curvy wood and glass building. It’s better on the inside…

13 Likes

Electric dusk, Mamallapuram, India

should you need more wire…

Delhi, India

8 Likes

A little plain for my taste…

14 Likes

Hey Ged we are all left wondering what?

Signal dropped on the train then it got stuck.

1 Like

Helsinki station at night. It does get dark if you have patience/insomnia

12 Likes

The OM-1 was a real camera spawning the OM-2,3 AND 4

IS this a new one or an antique?

My first camera was an OM-2 Spot around 1978 ???

It’s the Royal Pavilion in Brighton, UK. Worth a visit to see how the other 0.01% lived/live…

1 Like