Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2023-01]

@PixelPopper, I do love Sidmouth - we will be there again from 5-11 August for the Folk Festival. Will PM you about meeting up again for a beer (or 2) when/if convenient.

Hi David, yes, that sounds like a good move, I should be here. Will await your message :+1:t4:

1 Like

…You might be wrong there…:joy:

2 Likes

17 Likes

Hi Paul, PM sent.

1 Like

Oh noooooo currently a fire is raging in the high fens. :cry:. Just now the disaster plan is declared so international aid can be received. Dutch and German helicopters will join the fight agains the fire.

Below article was still positive but last few hours the wind changed and fire is again spreading.

This is by far the biggest and most important National Park in Belgium that I visit at least monthly.
Hopefully the ecological damage won’t be irreversible

11 Likes

14 Likes

mostly not, a forest thrives after a fire.

2 Likes

An interesting topic. Does excessive fire control result ultimately in more destructive conflagrations?

13 Likes

14 Likes

where art thou??

That’s Hardknott pass in cumbria looking up and down the Eskdale valley. There is a Roman fort at the top and it goes down to the sea at Ravenglass. Had a cycle up there this morning (electric).

5 Likes

One hairy road if I remember it correctly

1 Like

Antwerp zoo, Belgium

9 Likes

Without assistance :smile:

(Weirdly YouTube recommended this this morning, I don’t look at cycling so no idea why)

3 Likes

Fred Whitton is for mad people….

2 Likes

Oh it’s a route! I thought it was whoever’s on the bike.

2 Likes

I rode over it in 1970 , we were training for the the 1971 Varsity match. Never Again

The skull & crossbones is appropriate , if you drive it , just at the summit the road simply drops away and you are looking out into “nothing”: , my wife freaked

If I remember correctly its 1 in 3 both ways and the road was awful , surprised no punctures ,

Going DOWN is hairy to say the least

3 Likes

I don’t know I’ve ever been over it but given that you could,with a detour, from Liverpool to Wasdale on route to a week on Scafell and that my brother was an adrenaline junkie…

2 Likes