Your Nice Photos - list camera details too if you like [2022-02]

After we’ve changed the climate, this will be the food of the future.

1 Like

Very interesting…and creepy

Time for some action

First corner

Start of Belgian Championship MX2

18 Likes

Brilliant shots , what camera ?

I tried for years at Donnington to get decent bike shots , its NOT easy

These were shot on a Nikon D200.
The wide angle shots with Nikon AF-S 14-24mm f2.8, the tele was the Nikon AF-D 80-200mm f2.8

Here’s a jump I like

12 Likes

This is unquestionably a departure, but my teenage son asked me to take him to BestBuy to see the soon to be released (original) PlayStation VR.

He stood in line to try it and asked that I photograph him and upload for his friends to see.

I signaled to the kid in back of him to come close as though they were together so that the uploaded photo would be different than my son expected. The other kid was a good sport, and my son did not know the photo content until later.

12 Likes

From the local botanic garden

15 Likes

I don’t know what the two crows were after but they were diligent in its pursuit

10 Likes

Anthurium i believe?

The Sunday morning stroll & first storm of the Autumn ….Southwest Coastal Path…

16 Likes

Calla lily (Zantedeschia aethiopica)… a common garden plant in Bogotá… Here it’s called ‘cartucho’ and the flower is associated with death, funeral and rebirth…

1 Like

My wife would never get in the pool again.

1 Like

10 Likes

Thank you Andreas, the difference after searching for “Zantedeschia aethiopica” images it is obvious, as is the association with death & rebirth. :pray:t4:

I see Sidmouth, and Jacob’s Ladder :smiley:

Correct, walking from Mutter’s Moor to Budleigh & Back on a very murky & humid Sunday morning :+1:t4:

Gooseneck State Park, UT

15 Likes

Got back yesterday from a nice break in Whitby and surrounding areas. Managed to avoid the crazy wet weather whilst accumulating around 30 miles of walking - not bad for a pair of “older people.” Took some music but never listened to a beat in 4 days! Though did buy some vinyl in Scarborough :slightly_smiling_face:

The 199 steps that Dracula/Hound climbed after the Demeter washed ashore at Whitby.

Whitby Abbey and Church

The white apartment is where Bram Stoker was staying when he got the inspiration for Dracula.

view from the hotel room.

Me and the Boss, fresh from a 12 mile walk! I’m 6 feet 2 inches, so I guess the whale bone arch is approx 15 feet tall.

Whitby is a cool place to visit :+1:

24 Likes

It blows my mind to realize that has been a ruin site longer than the US has been around in this form.

1 Like

Before we left England we lived in Hull and spent many day trips up that side of the coast to Scarborough, Whitby, Filey etc.

Great pictures and glad you enjoyed it!

1 Like