"Your Screen Resolution is Too Small to Run Roon" - Is there a fix?

I’m running scaling at 150% because my eyes are bad. Roon won’t run at that scale (only 125%). Is there a workaround?

Thanks.

I have scaling on my NUC running W10 (60" screen and sitting on the sofa) and Roon only shows things in full screen mode. Anything less then that, it displays that same message or something similar? iMac and Macbook Pros run Roon fine regardless.

Same issue here with a 55 4K TV. Manageable, but non-sensical

Hi @Soundchasr,

Let’s see if any other Roon users can assist over the next day or so. If not then I will shift this thread into Support to see if Roon staff can assist.

You are. of course, free to open a thread in Support yourself at any time and if you do so, just let me know and I’ll merge this thread into it.

Minimum pixels needed for Roon: 1024 x 768

The minimum screen resolution is 1440 x 900 which should allow for OS dependent bars on top/bottom and/or the sides. See: FAQ: What are the minimum requirements?

FHD TV 1920 x 1080, 1.25 scale factor: 1536 x 864 :heavy_check_mark:
FHD TV 1920 x 1080, 1.50 scale factor: 1280 x 720 :heavy_multiplication_x:

Roon should run with it’s window maximized (with scale factor 1.50), but you might miss content or buttons because they get cropped away.

1 Like

Yup, identical problem here. Not a car crash though, I just have to use the Windows button to gain access to other things running.

If I run 1920x 1080 at 125% Roon works. If I bump to 150% so I can see the fonts better Roon won’t run. Every other application I’ve ever used has worked fine. This is just crazy that Roon can’t support 150%.

If anyone can figure a workaround (other than full screen mode all the time), please let me know.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.