Zen mini as Roon Player

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac-mini with i7 and 16 GB ram, running OS 10.15.5 Catalina Roon 1.7 (build 571) connected through Ethernet to cable modem

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Google WiFi mesh network with Ethernet drops to either a Bluesound Node 2i or Sonore microRendu to my DAC

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Innous Zen Mini connect by USB to my external DAC

Description Of Issue
I have the Zen Mini configured as Roon Player. But when I select the Zen as a Audio Zone I have no sound output. Roon has also identified the External DAC that the Zen is connected to thru USB as yet another “Audio Zone” that must be configured. If I choose the DAC for an Audio zone I then have sound output, but no software volume control. I never had this problem when using a Bluesound Node 2i or MicroRendu as the media player. Roon always identified the DAC as part of the output chain but never force it to be a separate Audio Zone.

Hi @Jim_Walker,

Can you show screenshots of Device Setup and a screenshot of Signal Path when playing to both of these Zones? Thanks!

Thanks for the assistance…

Pontus signal path Zen Mini signal path

Hello @Jim_Walker,

Thanks for sharing those screenshots!

There are a few methods that Roon can control the volume of a DAC, I would check to see if you are on “Fixed Volume” for that zone and try using DSP Volume or Device Volume instead.

If you are having no sound output on the Zen itself, I would also reach out to Innuous support to see if they can assist with this aspect, as they would be best in a position to advise proper troubleshooting steps for this Core.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.