Zidoo devices Roon Ready? [resolved: yes]

Where to get model 3000? Thanks

You right. I don’t trust china.

2 Likes

Just about everything is made in China - but the claims of Roon Ready are always going to be there, so one must do due diligence and check for all the right things before pulling the trigger.

I was looking at the UHD3000 as a video streamer but was surprised to see the Roon Ready so started asking questions of the seller in my country. So maybe it will prompt an initiation of Roon certification, who knows.

Found one, ship from UK. $1028.

Can anyone in UK confirm. This is good store?
https://www.futeko.com/products/MP110.php

Zidoo is in development with the RAAT SDK and has a device in testing for Roon Ready certification.

We can’t speak to the timeline of when they will complete their work or which devices they will offer as Roon Ready in the end, but you will be able to know authoritatively which devices are certified once their partner page goes live.

2 Likes

Nice to know. Thanks Rob @rob

But not actually Roon Ready right now and one never can tell exactly how long that certification process may take if ever as has been seen before.

So would not advise buying one on the assumption that it will become Roon Ready and then be disappointed when/ if it takes a long time to become reality.

2 Likes

I know the process.

I am sure you do but my post was not really for your benefit, rather for members less knowledgeable about the process than you or I.
:+1:

1 Like

Yes the web site is OK I brought a Zidoo 1000 pro from futeko.com in June. Very speedy delivery. Wouldn’t want to use it for Roon have a Trinnov for that.

Thank you.

Got to say I got a Z10 Pro direct from Zidoo China to the U.K. last week. It took five days and was good on arrival. I loaded the Roon Remote APK which worked but found the uncertified Roon Ready option when I set it up. Zidoo make interesting stuff.

Z9X only at this time sadly

@John will this also support multichannel audio? Any other models also in for Roon Ready certification. seems like they would also want their Flagship model the UHD3000 done too.

It is a bit naughty that the Z9X announcement comes with an image of the Neo X HiFi player which doesn’t have certification at this moment. But I guess that now they have a working example on their OS other models should be procedural.

Let’s hope so

@wizardofoz,

No multichannel support via Roon Ready at this point in time. More devices in the pipeline for certification, I unfortunately cannot get more specific than that.

-John

Since I have the newest FW 6.3.35 on the Zidoo Z9X Roon server still says it is a non certified device, any news why?

Suggest you ask Zidoo - sorry I don’t have one nor do I track what firmware is what.

Z10 pro and Z1000 now both Roon Ready. That’s me happy!