Zone disconnect and audio quality problems

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core is a PC. Intel 4790k, Asus Maximus VII Hero, SSD’s. Roon version 1.7 build 555.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Asus AC88u Router connected to PC via Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, IFI micro idsd black label, Schiit Jotunheim all connected via USB

Description Of Issue

Quite often I will have issues where the audio will slow down or speed up and be heavily distorted. Then 5-20sec after that begins, Roon will lose connection to all audio devices. This happens while streaming and with files that are stored locally on the core. This only happens with Roon. I have tested by playing audio from other applications simultaneously and there is never a problem with anything other than roon. This happens on a daily basis.

Hi @Nathan_Tomporoski,

Welcome to the forum!

Does this issue only occur on one of your endpoints, or does it occur on all of your endpoints? Does your PC’s System Output exhibit the same behavior?

It happens on all endpoints simultaneously only when using Roon. I did figure out that it was being caused by a grouped zone. I had the Mytek DAC+ WASAPI and Ifi WASAPI grouped. The problem happened even when that zone was not activated. I typically use the Mytek DAC+ ASIO. Once I ungrouped the zone, the distortion/disconnects stopped. So now the question is why does that zone grouping cause the problem?

Hi @Nathan_Tomporoski,

Thanks for narrowing down the issue to just these two WASAPI zones active. Can you please reproduce the issue and let me know the exact local time + date + track it occurs on?

After getting this info, I can enable diagnostics mode for your account and check to see if logs contain further clues.

Just reproduced it today, 6/15/20, at approx. 4:32PM - 4:33PM. Song is Enshine - Stream of Light

Hi @Nathan_Tomporoski,

I wanted to reach out because I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link / Google Drive / link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.