Zone icon: endpoint or DAC? :-/ [Solved - Re-identified device in Audio Settings]

swear I wasn’t drunk a couple of days ago when Roon was using, as Zone icon, the Chord Qutest connected to the Aries femto I’m using as endpoint

though… started playback from Roon today and… that very same zone now has the Aries as icon :neutral_face:

what’s up?

Hello @pl_svn,

Thanks for contacting support, I’d be happy to take a look over this issue with you. Can you please confirm that you have restarted the Roon app and it is still displaying the wrong logo? Furthermore, can you please open the device setup page (listed under Menu -> Audio -> Cogwheel icon next to affected device -> Device Setup) and provide a screenshot? On that same menu page you can re-identify your device if something went wrong, highlighted it here and that menu should look something like this:

Please let me know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

hi Noris

re-done “device setup” and… now zone is named “Auralic Aries” and has a Chord Qutest icon :expressionless:

Point is… zone and icon have always been “Aries” 'till a few days ago: this “bridge device/audio device” thing is new since… Roon 1.5? … Aries fw 5.5.1?

Hello @pl_svn,

You can remove that icon by clicking the “Not your device?” option listed under device setup. Please give that a try and let me know if you are still seeing the same issue afterwards.

Thanks,
Noris

hi again noris

if I go the route you suggest, then… output, in signal path, becomes a generic “USB output”

so… issue actually is a non issue: I’m fine with either icon (and did rename the zone to “Aries/Qutest”)

question is: this “Bridge Device and Audio Device” that I am seeing since a few days only, was indeed introduced recently? (never seen it before, in 1+ years using Roon)

Hello @pl_svn,

As to answer your question, yes the Bridge/Audio Device was recently introduced in our 1.5 b323 update and you would have not seen that before then. Bridged devices automatically take on the connected devices identity unless it is manually changed or re-identified at a later point. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Noris

thank you very much, noris: now everything’s clear :slight_smile:

best

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.