Zone Icons: What'd we miss?

Any chance of a Man Cave one?

3 Likes

Can we get one for a “Bar” area please?
Maybe a martini glass or beer mug?

3 Likes

maybe a car with a side view rather than something that looks like a sofa with square speakers in the font :stuck_out_tongue: I guess there might be some that have some means to listen in their cars - even if its in the vicinity of the house via wifi. If I had a stonkin’ sound system in my car I would be be doing that…if it was better than my home setup or wanted some privacy.

and a raspberry pi looking logo maybe for those running them with non recognised hats or dacs

The Garden
Best
Armin

Hi there is already a laptop icon, select the “edit zone icon” option and then scroll down.

@mike, as the numbers increase maybe what Roon needs to add is a keyword filter to help track them down.

I also though of this but maybe we can also get like a pair of small stereo speakers? rather than a single speaker - who does mono these days?

1 Like

Could we please have a Apple Mac Pro icon (2019 model)

1 Like

To be pedantic that is a device icon. This thread is about zones, do the place in/through which you might be listening to the device.

1 Like

Yes these are for things that don’t have another branded option

I think it is up to the user how they want to identify and name their zones. It might be a room or it might be a brand name of a device or something else. For instance, I have 5 zones in one room because I have several different devices and some have multiple wiring methods. It might be fun and desirable if people could create their own ICONS and import them.

4 Likes

The only difficulty is that I think that all of the icons are rendered in the game engine not just displayed.

To be pedantic as well, the original question posted by Mike was -

" Anyone else have a room in their home that’s not covered by the current slate of zone icons? Or some other use case you’d like added?"

Danny is referring to zone icons only here. The part you highlighted is still referencing zone icons. Alternative use case could mean man cave, shop front, laboratory, garden shed and so on.

A zone is what Roon calls an output for your music. While a zone could mean another room, it could mean a headphone setup in the same room. I have an Oppo 203 with ethernet and HDMI. They are two different zones. I think people should stop telling everyone else how they need to respond and just make your own points. If you don’t like someone else’s response, ignore it.

3 Likes

An icon for my darkroom ( the photo kind… although the other one could be interesting as well :slight_smile: )

Something like this

There’s a concept you probably have to explain to youngsters.

2 Likes

Is there a possibility for some form of multi room logo that could be created? I use, among many other endpoints, a Russound multiroom system for non-critical background music…

1 Like

A castle? must be someone with a castle…own up :stuck_out_tongue: what about a treehouse or caravan or RV?

2 Likes

Mehhhh, You trolling now. lol

Need a workstation/studio type setup. For example a big computer screen flanked by near-field monitors. Thanks!