Zone Switching - Is this possible

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

CentOS Linux release 7.6
Roon 1.7 build 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

n/a

Description Of Issue

I’m listening in one zone and I want to send this same stream to another zone. That is, I want the music to follow me to the next room. I know I can group zones --but how can I switch zones with the same uninterrupted stream?

Click on Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 11.14.58 PM . Then click on Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 11.15.12 PM .

2 Likes

I’ve always found this pretty unintuitive. Didn’t it use to be in the zones bit?

Hello @ezekiel_das, you sure can! We have a great article here for you to take a look at. You can also Transfer Zone by right-clicking the Zone Picker at the bottom right of the screen. From there, select Transfer Zone.

Let me know if that helps!

1 Like

OTOH, Roon doesn’t really Transfer a Zone so much as Copy a Zone.

Why do you say this? “Transfer” seems the correct term to me?

If it was truly transferred the queue of tracks yet to be played would disappear from the source Zone, which it doesn’t.

Just a nit which bothers me more than it should. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ah - I see what you mean. Never noticed it before.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.