Zones Disappeared

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Core on iMac running Catalina 10.15.4 / Roon build 537
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Networking gear - Arris - from the ISP / on WiFi. It went down today but ISP re-sent the modem signal and it’s back on. The problem preceded this, however.

TEXT GOES HERE

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
iMac into a Schiit Modi DAC / Onkyo Receiver. No problem.
NAD C-368 w/ BlueOS in other room. Roon lost this.

TEXT GOES HERE

Description Of Issue
Roon lost the NAD amp C-368 w/ Blue OS module. When I try CONFIGURE in Setting on the iMac, nothing happens. I’ve only had Roon a short time. It took a while to get it to recognize the NAD. Can’t remember how that happened. I want it to recognize and stay solid as I go back and forth between home office stereo and living room stereo using Roon in both rooms.
TEXT GOES HERE

Hello @Neal_Hemphill and welcome to the community! It looks like the NAD amp C-368 has a USB port on the back, is the device visible if you connect it via USB?

Hi, and Thank you! Can you clarify your question, please? I’m not sure what you’re asking regarding the connection.
The iMac w/ the Roon Core is in one room. It’s working properly through its connection to the Schiit Modi DAC.
The NAD is in another room. It should connect via the home WiFi network, I believe.
I have two stereo systems, one in each room.
I need Roon to recognize the other Zone - the one w/ the NAD.

Hello @Neal_Hemphill, my apologies, I didn’t see that it was actually a service port. You said you have the Blue OS module though, do you have an Ethernet port on there? I’d like to test the device with Roon via a cable connection so we can remove the WiFi component from our troubleshooting. Thanks!

Nuwriy - thank you. I thought I had it set today, but it dropped out again! Really discouraging. The stereo is rather far from the modem/router setup. I’m going to see if I have an ethernet cable long enough to connect them, but I have my doubts. ahh.jeez…just checked. It’s back on.

thank you for your help. Bear with me as I continue to try to straighten this out. I’ll report back.

Hello @Neal_Hemphill, just checking in on how this is going. Were you able to get the Ethernet connection set up?

Nuwriy -

I created a new post regarding this. I think I gave more clarification regarding the problem.

I’ve been trouble-shooting from various angles.

Not sure what the problem is…

I thank you for your thought and attention!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.