Zones get async over time

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Supermicro M11SDV-8CT-LN4F Board with Windows Server 2019 as Roon Core on latest 1.7 build qsfp to brocade
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
All endpoints are wired to a Brocade ICX6610-24p Switch. Internet and DHCP comes from a FritzBox 6591.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Devialet Expert 220 Pro Roon Ready Gigabit Ethernet to Brocade switch
Roopiee Raspberry 3b IQAudio DigiAMP+ with Ropieee 100mbit Ethernet to Brocade switch

Description Of Issue

I have a serious issue with the two zones described above that are next to each other. They start sync and over time they get async.
The devialet seems to be quicker. When I add a third bluesound device it seems to be and stay in sync with the roopiee zone. I am using a Brocade managed switch. But i dont use vlans and stuff like that. everything is in default mode. I dont know if this switch causes the issues. But might be as it is the only interconnector.
Any idea what might cause the issues and how to fix it?

Thanks a lot and I wish you all a merry Christmas!

Hi @cuco,

So just to verify, in all cases it appears that it is the Devialet zone that is getting out of sync?

Besides this does this zone play okay?

Are you using any DSP settings?

All zones play fine. Even the devialet has no dropouts like others have with raat.
I don’t use dsp. But the system would be powerful enough. It’s a 8core epyc. System with more power then nuci7 systems.

I have to check back but I think it’s definetily the devialet.

Hi @cuco,
If you are fairly sure that it is a Devialet problem, may I suggest posting on the Devialet Chat forum, here?: https://devialetchat.com/
There may be someone with the same problem who can help.

Hi @cuco,

If you think the Brocade switch might be playing a part you could try temporarily replacing it with an un-managed one instead.

Similarly, to narrow down the devices impacted by this behavior I would try different types of grouping, e.g. group Devialet with PC’s System Output , Ropiee with System Output, just Bluesound and Ropiee, ect. until the affected devices are found.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.