ZONES, where to find them, how to change them to my pleasure

That doesn’t sound right.

Has your Roon Audio/Settings page changed ? Can you upload another screenshot of it ?

This a very different screen than before when I got pictures of domains when I reached settings-audio. I’ll admit I’m lost/confused.

Hi John,

That looks better. According to the screenshot, you are currently sending music to your Unnamed zone. You can see that at the bottom right of the screen, next to the speaker icon. It’s called the Zone Picker.

Since you really don’t want to use that zone, you should click on the gears icon next to the Unnamed zone in Settings > Audio and click Disable. You might want to Disable System Output, if you don’t want music coming out of your computer speakers.

That leaves your Ayre zone. If you do leave System Output enabled, then you can swap between it and the Ayre using the Zone Picker at the bottom right.

Cheers, Greg

Thanks. A thousand times thanks. It’s been weeks now and all sorts of diversions. Again thank you so much. John

OK, now let’s get back to ZONES. I have installed the Bridge program. I wold like to send Roon to another computer. Can you direct me in the right direction?

Hi John,

You have two options.

First, install Roon on the second computer and, when it asks, install as a Remote. This way you can control Roon and play music on the second computer.

Second, to just stream music that you control on your first computer through the second computer, you would install Roon Bridge on the second computer.

You don’t need Roon Bridge on the first computer, if you installed it there.

Once you’ve installed either Roon or Roon Bridge on the second computer, go to Settings > Audio and Enable it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Greg

@John_F_Leonard
If you have please uninstall it to avoid confusion… just leave Roon running.

Roon Bridge is primarily for an OS that runs headless with one or more DAC’s attached via USB (or internally).