Zoorloo Ztella with Roopieee

no I haven’t, but I’ve run this thing at full tilt for weeks with dual usb 3 harddrives without any problems before.
I’ll do a test during the weekend sometime and report back. I might even try ubuntu 20.04 and see how that treats the dac (kernel 5.4)
edit: @spockfish 20.04 LTS and roonbridge install works perfectly, no errors in dmesg and the dac survives a reboot. I’m happy to keep testing ropieee if you want.

Hmmm… that might indicate that we need to wait for the 5.4 kernel to fix this properly…

That seems to be the case
edit: re the usb ports: I have tried them all.

Hello, wondering if anyone has observed that the volume control has no impact on the Ztella?

I’m running with a Pi 3b with Official screen and the latest build of RopieeeXL. Changing the volume either via the touchscreen or via Roon UI has no effect. Volume is fixed. I’ve checked options in device settings but can’t see anything relevant that might be causing the issue.

It’s not a huge deal as I don’t really use the Ztella with this setup, more of a curiousity and I wondered if anyone else had experienced it.

Thanks

I am also trying the zorloo ztella on RoPieee and pi3b. It only shows up for a short time and afterwards it cannot be reactivated to be selected as a enabled roonn network end point. I only use ethernet. WiFi only for Android devices.

When can we expect updates for correct use of the ztella?
Jean-Louis

You realise this is a spare time project?

1 Like

Having no problems with Pi 4. Standby light shows blue when not in use. Have you tried a firmware upgrade for the Ztella?

Ensure you have headphones plugged in. It’s not recognised without them for some reason.

Hello Ian,
I was aware of this requirement.

Thanks for your tip.

Hello Harley,

The firmware upgrade did the trick. I now can use the Pi3 B + with the zorloo ztella as a roon bridge.

SQ is amazingly good for the amount if investments.

1 Like

Hello Harry, (or/of Hallo Harry “in Dutch”).

I did not want to sound impatient, if I did please accept my appologies for sounding impatient.

Your “work” in RoPiee is excellent and deserves support. ( I will become a patreon in short time).

In the mean time the tip of Harley solved the issue. Upgrading microcode of the zorloo zetlla to level b686 solved the issue. Roon now sees the usb connected dac on the pi using “your” Ropieee.

The SQ is excellent for taking into account the investments in hardware (outside the rock server).

I am happy it worked! The Ztella has good sound quality, but I found that I had to “tweak” it a bit with the Roon DSP filters to get it to my exact liking.