Problems with Tidal in Inspector

I am on the latest Roon update.

I am logged into Tidal and successfully play from the embedded Tidal app.
However, when trying to locate Tidal when browsing filter to Storage locations, Tidal does not show, so I can only browse my LAN library (i.e., HD location).

Tidal has been showing before under Storage location.

Did you actually add a Tidal album to your library?
You can do this by clicking the (+) next to an album?

PS: You might want to remove your visible email address for the screenshot you shared.

Moderator: email address removed

1 Like

Great, thx. This did the trick :clap:

So, in order to check for different resolutions and sample frequencies on Tidal, one have to add one Tidal album to Roon library first, for each of the formats you intend to search for……
(Or can you only search within the added Tidal tracks in Roon by using the Inspector and not within Tidal global online library through the embedded Tidal app??

AFAIK, you cannot use Roon to find all Tidal albums with a specific sample frequency or bit depth.

The “My Albums” view will only show you albums that you have added to your library.

For any specific album, you can always use the Version tab on the album to check which versions are available, This will show the bit depth and sample frequency, but this is on an album by album basis.

Ok, it is clear now. You just confirmed the content/suspicion in my edited post above. :+1:

1 Like