Release 2024.03

Hi,

I’d like to announce the 2024.03 release!

It has been pushed to the update server and will show up on your unit somewhere in the next 24 hrs.
It’s pretty much a release all over the place, with some nice improvements.

Here’s the changelog:

• NEW: warn for disk size being too small
  • NEW: show disk size on info screen
  • NEW: show detected USB DAC on audio screen
  • ENHANCEMENT: native DSD support for Classé Delta PRE
  • ENHANCEMENT: improve (low-latency) scheduling
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Linux kernel
  • ENHANCEMENT: update HQPlayer NAA component
  • ENHANCEMENT: improve HQPlayer NAA scheduling
  • ENHANCEMENT: update Squeezelite (LMS) component
  • ENHANCEMENT: update UPnP player component
  • FIX: toggling volume up/down on the display not working

I’d like to thank the beta testers team for their work.

And as always: enjoy!

28 Likes

Fantastic! Thank you as always.

1 Like

Harry, where does this warning appear? I see the disk size in the information tab, but don’t see where the warning appears.

Thanks as always. I owe you SO many beverages of your choice.

1 Like

Great, now the crackling in using NAA has disappeared.

1 Like

It will show up after installation and every time you start a new session (“going to the webpage”). So you can install on a 4GB card, but you will be warned when going to RoPieee’s webpage.

Thanks

Problem after update: Ropieee gets stuck on boot at “Wifi AP active”. Have rebooted router and then rebooted Ropieee. Doesn’t help.
Ideas?

it means RoPieee was not able to get a network connection and activates the AP.
I suggest you connect a cable to the unit - it will then continue the update.

Thanks. In the meantime I tried that and it finished the update and connected.
However, when I tried to reboot it with only wireless only, I several times got “no connection”.
Finally, I connected it with ethernet, and when it rebooted and connected, I removed the ethernet cable.
It then worked on wifi.
But when I moved the unit back to it’s normal location (no ethernet) and rebooted, I again got “no connection” and it didn’t appear on my network, acc’d to the device listing in the router interface.

I finally got it to work by connecting it again via ethernet, turning off wireless, reconfigure, reboot, turn on wireless, reconfigure, and reboot with only wireless connection.

The reason I asked is that I have (another) device with a 4g card (dating from the beginning of RoPieee). The Information tab shows “<4GB” but I don’t see the warning. Admittedly an edge case — more replacement microSD cards on the way.

hmmm… I would expect that, with a new session, on this unit you will get the message. Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Or open a new tab?

Yes, to both. Are you checking for 4GB and <4GB?

a360817f1e42ca42

Updated my two ROPIEEE-Displays (PI4 + PI3) to that version, working well so far! Thanks Harry!

But will not update my two AUDIO-PI4 (one with ALLO DIGIONE), as they are working well without clicks…

Hi Nathan,

The ‘<4GB’ means “4 GB or smaller”.

However, your logs show that the test failed, hence no display.

So the dialog will only show up when people start from scratch. I’ve already prepared a fix for the next release that this also works for existing units.

Thanks!

Great. Would it be helpful to convert this unit to the BETA program as a test case?

No that’s too early and also for a very small issue.

I’d like to wait out a bit until more work will land.

After longer seriously listening with different cans and headphone amps, I’ve to revert:
Some crackling has remained in using Ropieee with the Holo Audio Red with NAA or RAAT. This occurs not in using a RPi4!
My problem is now: The new RedOS allows only one service at once.

1 Like

thank you … i am new here but any chance of videos from tidal being on the list

Hello and thanks Harry, amazing job like always!

Is the last Ropieee version 2024.03 (1451)?

Tanks!

Thanks @spockfish . All smooth here as a non-roon user who uses this pretty much exclusively for Plexamp. :raised_hands:t6:

I love the USB DAC info. Great enhancement

Thanks Harry, working great on my non-beta unit :+1:

One mini feature request. Could you add a RAM count on the info page like the Storage count? I know it sounds silly, but I have no idea how much memory is in my different Pis bought over a period of years.