Roon application asking for login and hanging on login

Hi @Todd_Strockoz ----- Thank you for the follow up!

Confirming that I have received the logs and placed them into our queue to be evaluated by a member of our tech team. Once my report has been updated, I will be sure to reach out asap with the team’s thoughts/findings.

-Eric

Hi @Todd_Strockoz ----- Thank you again for your patience here and my apologies for the wait. My report has been updated with our tech team’s findings from their analysis of your logs.

Based on their feedback, we’ve noticed some low level corruption in your database. This type of issue can manifest itself in a few different ways. Sometimes data content has been damages in some way, other times the DB library complains that the internal structure of the DB is broken, and as with your case we noticed files are missing from disk. The code is trying to pull data from your DB and is failing because the information being pulled is coming back as “invalid”.

While this is a very uncommon occurrence, we have seen it on a few rare occasion in the past. The best approach moving forward would be to restore from a backup and see if things function properly with the current DB out of the way. Can you confirm if you have a backup available?

-Eric

No backup found.

Selected roon folder and no dice…

I

I did try to uninstall and reinstall a few weeks back when this problem started.

Maybe not a clean process and had some remaining data?

I believe that I also mistakenly have RAATServer loaded, but this is from the beginning, so it did work

Hi @Todd_Strockoz ---- Thank you for touching base with me and providing that insight.

Moving forward, I would like you to please perform the following:

• Locate your Roon database according to these instructions.

• Delete the entire Roon folder and then empty your “trash bin”.

• Visit our website and download the application again.

• Launch the application and try to sign in.

Just a reminder that the above process will start you off with a completely fresh database. We only recommend this option when a user does not have any backups made of their DB.

-Eric

Thanks. Back in business.

1 Like