Tidal drops plus tier, includes it in the hifi tier for the same price

Got this email from Tidal [USA] today.

11 Likes

Thanks for this, let’s hope they roll this out worldwide.
So far I have not had this email.

2 Likes

I’ve just received the same message in Poland.

3 Likes

Got the email in the UK.

1 Like

Very interesting ( and welcome)
Really turns the screw on Qobuz and I wonder if this is in prep to combat (finally) a Spotify HI Res tier?

6 Likes

Great news. Got the email this morning (USA).

Likewise. I received this email about an hour ago (UK).

Recibido un correo hace unas horas que contaba lo siguiente , A partir del 10 de abril de 2024, tendrás acceso a nuestra biblioteca musical con un sonido sin pérdidas, HiRes FLAC y la tecnología Dolby Atmos por el mismo precio de 10,99 €/mes que estás pagando actualmente.
Esto se debe a que combinaremos las modalidades HiFi e HiFi Plus en un solo nivel de suscripciĂłn, llamado TIDAL, para que todo el mundo pueda disfrutar de la mejor calidad de sonido.
Verás reflejados estos cambios en la página Suscripción de tu cuenta account.tidal.com en la factura inmediatamente a partir del 10 de abril de 2024. Te agradecemos que hayas elegido ser suscriptor de TIDAL.

Con la ayuda del Traductor de Google:

Ya hay un hilo sobre esto en:

Parece estar presente en muchas regiones, si no en todas, por lo que son buenas noticias.

2 Likes

Perdon por el duplicado,si algun moderador puede cerrar este hilo le doy las gracias por adelantado :smile:

I didn’t receive this e-mail but I’ve been able to access 24-bit content for a while although I don’t have a HiFi Plus subscription (Belgium). If it’s confirmed that high-res is now included in the normal HiFi subscriptions, there really won’t be any reason left for me to keep Qobuz.

1 Like

Yes, I received the same e-mail in Germany!

1 Like

I have both Qobuz Sublime and Tidal HiFi Plus. The latter again since recently. I haven’t received the e-mail yet. If the new pricing is going to be 11 Euro per month, then it’s a no brainer for me to keep a subscription to both of them.

Now basically all streaming services, except for Qobuz, cost about 11 Euro per month here in the Netherlands.

I guess the only advantage Spotify still has is a larger library compared to both Qobuz and Tidal. But to be honest. Q and T have all the music that I will ever listen to. And no crappy mp3 quality like Spotify has.

@Jim_F my guess is that Tidal will automatically change your current subscription to the new one once we get to April 10th.

2 Likes

In Portugal it’s €7.49, according to my email today.

Just cancelled Qobuz. I qualify for a Tidal student plan, so my bill will be going from $12.99/month with Qobuz to $4.99 a month with Tidal!

5 Likes

I ended up switching to Tidal last month over Qobuz despite the price change. So this is a welcome gift. I guess dropping most of MQA might have helped. So now what’s Spotify’s excuse?

I’ve not yet received this email (USA).

I’m not surprised if this truly happens.

Not seen it yet, I am sure we will, but isn’t it interesting that (at least for me) Tidal is now the same price as Apple Music.

Currently the Hi Fi Tier is ZAR 70 == $ 3.65

I have not seen the email yet but I will keep both Qobuz and Tidal, I like redundancy and I want neither company to fail.
I think it’s good for the consumer that the Tidal and Qobuz pricing will be similar, I will just get Tidal hires filling the gaps in the Qobuz library rather than hifi.

6 Likes

Same thing here. Qobuz is my preferred service. Both for streaming and since recently buying a few albums every now and then.

Tidal is for filling the few holes in Qobuz’s catalog.

I also like both companies to stick around as I don’t expect (m)any other streaming service to join Roon (any time soon).

9 Likes