Watched folder not importing new files into Roon

It’s weekend. Even for the roon support guys. Please be patient.

1 Like

Did that, nothing happens in terms of identifying the album, it just says ‘none of these look right’ at bottom right of page.

Can your Mac access any Website??

Yes, no problem with internet access.

Suggest you delete the Roon Database…delete the Roon app from Applications folder…change the name of the Music folder on your USB drive to something else

Reboot the Mac

Re download the Roon App and install on the Mac

Point Roon at the newly named folder on the USB…see what happens

Don’t know how to do that. Give me either your email or phone number and I will send you a photo of it.

If you wish others to try and help you here, then please spend the time necessary to find out

I’ve included instructions above for how to take a screenshot…and it’s easy to add to a post here…just look at the options when writing a post

Tried command + shift + 4 3 times and nothing happens. Are you with Roon or the community at large? Thx.

Please consider this before another rapid fire response

Roon has THOUSANDS of users worldwide…and the vast majority simply point Roon at their Music folder and Roon Identifies the albums and adds the Metadata etc

The fact that it doesn’t in your case indicates that the Problem lies at YOUR end…either with your USB File Permissions…or with Roon’s access to internet…or with your network setup

Also consider that Cmd+Shift+4 has worked on EVERY Mac for the last 10+ years to take a “partial” screenshot…so again I seriously doubt that yours is the exception

Why not take the time to look up OSX Screenshots on the web, rather than simply saying “it doesn’t work”

Help us, so that we can try and help you!!

1 Like

Actually I was trying to help, which is why I thought sending you a photo to either your phone or email would accomplish what you are asked nag me to do. I’m not trying to make this any more difficult than it needs to be. Believe me, there are other things I would prefer to be doing today than trying to get this software to work. I’m certain you are right, but I tried it again, and for some reason it doesn’t work!

Oh, and I did not write nag - somehow that happened with the auto correct.

Try instead Cmd+Shift+3…and post the Screen shot here

@Lee_Allen, I’m not sure if you’re the forum equivalent of a mystery shopper, but I’ll take a punt.

Move one album from the USB attached SDD to a folder on your Mac.
Add this to the watched folder list in Roon settings
Is Roon able to identify these albums?

SJB

Got the screen shot via the second method. I’m actually typing these messages on my iPad. How do I get the screenshot to you?

Ha - simply trying to get the software I paid for last December to work as advertised, and new to Mac OSX.

It works as advertised. On your rig something is preventing that. In the screen you’re posting in look for the 7th icon form the left … that’ll allow you to upload a screenshot.

Where do I find the Roon Database to erase?

I’m not sure as I’ve never owned a Mac - search on forum I’m sure it’s listed under how do I move my library

Hi @Lee_Allen – sorry for the trouble here. Can you give me an update on this issue?

Where are you seeing the artist, album, and song properly? Can you paste a screenshot of wherever you’re seeing them correctly, along with a screenshot of where they look wrong in Roon? Then I’m sure we can figure this out.

To make a screenshot, follow these instructions on your Mac – that will make a screenshot on the desktop, which you can drag and drop into a post right here on the community site.

Thanks @Lee_Allen!

1 Like

Hi Mike - I still have the same issues. I am using my iPad for this communication string, also just logged into Roon Community on my Mac Mini (machine I am using for my music server), but none of the communication was accessible. As a result, I don’t know how to send you the screen shots. I did respond earlier to your inquiry which showed up in email, but my response was not delivered to you. Please help me resolve this, it is really getting very old and highly frustrating on my end. I’m hopeful that you have Remote Desktop control software that would be by far the most effective and efficient way to address this - I give you or a colleague permission and you can go into my system and see everything and fix it! Please let me know how we get this fixed as soon as possible! Thank you!