A better sound from ROON

I can sooooooo relate to that!

Then why Roon 1.2 sounds so much better than 1.0?

Yes, now ROON is quite good on it’s own but still lacks the liquidness of the analog sound. Pairing ROON with HQPlayer produces a much more enjoyable sound to my ears. And I don’t really care if it’s bit perfect or not anymore.

I can’t see how ot has anything to do with Roon. You can always improve your system with tuning, accessories and equipment.
The Roon sound has not changed at all for me. It has always sounded great, as I said before, equal to Sooloos.
But this is just my system and my experience. Chris

2 Likes

[quote=“Chrislayeruk, post:103, topic:3621”]
It has always sounded great… .But this is just my system and my experience.[/quote]Same here. Must be you and I are tone deaf or have crappy systems incapable of resolving those differences between the ears.

1 Like

No. In your case, it must be the Odroids… :wink:

2 Likes

Lucky you :smile: You don’t have to spend $$$$

I wish I had the aural memory to remember what something sounded like 6+ months ago.

If there is a difference in sound from a bitperfect stream then this is created by the renderer/endpoint. So roon should just continue to deliver bitperfect streams to its endpoints, but may roon bridge should have an API that allows for “enhancements” like upsampling, dithering or whatever might come to the mind of those who love to tweak.

This API could also be used for correction filters be it for the room or a headphone. This would be a seamless and transparent Integration of HQPlayer and other tools.