A message from the Roon founders

These are excellent news. Exciting times for Roonies! My expectations are sky-high now.

6 Likes

Just to add a me too - great news, thanks everyone, looking forward to what may come.

6 Likes

Thank you, Brian. This is very good news!

6 Likes

Sorting out the handling of box sets, now that’s music to my ears! :grinning:

19 Likes

Just need that one final update.

Roon Server that makes my coffee in the mornings :rofl:

5 Likes

Its been the classical listeners biggest IMHO request for literally years

Showing a box With its multiple sub discs as pseudo albums with individual art work would be first prize

Design by committee is not good but i hope they seek a bit of user requirement on the way

9 Likes

Fantastic news!

3 Likes

Hi guys,

This is a brave decision. To me it also restates your commitment to the product, and you’ve made it very clear what ‘the product’ is.

Thanks for that, enjoying the ride and excited for the future.

Cheers!

20 Likes

RoonShareImage-638429202263755190

Roon reborn!

6 Likes

Well done to u-turn and refocus. Much appreciated.

14 Likes

This is a great mail. Thank you, @enno and team!

I’m interested in understanding more about the change that allows Search to work without internet connectivity. Has search been made entirely local, or does it remain hybrid when connectivity is available but degrade to local-only when there is no connectivity?

I’m asking in part because I’m curious whether or not this change might improve search performance with or without connectivity.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Yes, I agree entirely. I haven’t posted much in this forum since I started using roon in 2019 but this got me excited. I mostly love roon but the lack of this feature really irritated me.

7 Likes

Offline access and folder browsing? Color me surprised!
What’s next, native UPNP support? :wink:

Exciting times. Thank you, roon team!

1 Like

This was very nice to see, and nice for Enno and the Roon team to respond to much of the concerns around Roon’s direction, Harman acquisition or not. Thank you for the direct response and update on direction!

4 Likes

That might be a step too far. It opens up a world of pain as not all devices follow a standard so would be fraught with support calls and headaches.

1 Like

This is all incredible news and the transparency is really appreciated. I’m particularly excited about improvements to how Roon handles box sets, but generally everything in this email is great to hear. Thank you!

9 Likes

This is an encouraging and welcome post.

6 Likes

Thanks for keeping us “loyalties” in the loop!
I really, really appreciate the direction you seem to head, and am once again really excited to tag along on this journey!

I am especially thrilled by this:

This means our users can once again enjoy their music collections without the need for continuous internet connectivity.

Not for the Internet demand per se, but rather the return to efficient local library management and search. Love it!

6 Likes

Fantastic news!

Props to Harman for being willing to support the focus, and the Roon team for understanding the best areas to invest in. Even if it means a potentially significant amount of work like the internet connectivity change likely was. I do really appreciate it though! Excited to continue using Roon for many years to come!

4 Likes

I know, hence the " :wink: "
But let’s see where clearing old roon dogmas may lead us.