Alexa voice control

No you can’t is the short answer.

Hi @Peter_Miller,

GED is correct, so I’ve moved your use case over to the #roon:feature-requests topic.

• Basic transport control - Play, Pause etc yes - can be done via Logitech Harmony and Deep Harmony extension (there may be other methods as well).
  • Select any track/album/artists radio etc by saying the title, artists etc then no. This requires the music database be uploaded to amazon.

I’ve been enjoying full voice control of Spotify playback (selecting artists/albums/tracks to play, skipping tracks, manipulating with volume, …) on my Android tablet lately and definitely think this is the future.

Please enable full voice control of Roon.

I would love to see Alexa integration. I developed a skill called “House Band” that give full voice control with JRiver music software, including searching your catalog. It worked pretty well. No reason it couldn’t work with Roon.

3 Likes

Voice control gets my vote too. It’s the second issue that might just lead me to not renew my subscription. The other is Roon’s failure to fix the memory leakage. I’ve gone from a Roon advocate to being rather disappointed that this is software being left behind

1 Like