AMD type "NUC" support?

I should have stated RPi 4 instead of SoC. Yes, I have several Pi of several vintages. I would not expect a 4 can do what ROCK/Core requires. Analysis would takes months. Sure once that is done it might be Ok playing but there are frequent updates to the images, metadata nearly nightly.

If RPi4 could run ROCK there would probably have a build for it. My point was/is a cheap long since retired Intel 2-5th gen proc and small SSD will run ROCK really, really well for well under $300 or in my case a retired machine from the office that got rotated out of service this year, cost nothing.

I know this thread it an older thread, but I thought I would offer some insight into what I have experienced. I started using Roon about 3 months ago after visiting a friends house and have found it to be great. My initial Roon server was installed on an extra Mac Mini M1 that i had on the network. It was ok, but would start to lag every once in a while and was not as “snappy” as I liked.
Now- as an AMD employee- I fought hard against being forced to buy an Intel based NUC (you know- Ford vs. Chevy, when you work for Chevy :-). So I bought an AMD Ryzen-7 based Mini-PC from Beelink, hoping for the best. The installation using the Roon ROC installer, was flawless and the machine has been performing Flawlessly!
The Ryzen based platforms run cooler, are fast and you can get a them a bit cheaper on Amazon!
Go Chevy!

4 Likes

Worth spreading the word in the MOCK thread.
My Dad owned a Volvo when he worked at Rover! As you can imagine, that went down well! :joy:

1 Like

I am using ASUS nuc now, the cpu is amd 5500u, it can be used completely without any problems.

1 Like