Any experiences with the Aries G2 yet?

I got a chance to listen to Lightning DS tonight. It was very instructive. Many have commented that they like DS better than ROON.

I disagree.

I use a custom built WSY2K16 Server featuring ROONserver, AudiophileOptimizer, Fidelizer, linear power supplies to power the Server, UpTone Audio LPS 1.2 to power the SSD, various ElFidelity products, Pachanko SATA cables, FMCS and fiber powered by LPS 1.2s and this system sounds much better than the Lightning DS. No comparison really.

Here is a recent video review of the Aries G2.by Hans Beekhuyzen.

I’ve owned an Aries G2 for about a year. It sits between a Nucleus Plus and Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC. I’ve been extremely pleased with the sound I get from this set up. But warning cabling (power & data cables) have all make a material difference as well.

1 Like

Withe Roon playing through Auralic, I feel lightning ds sounds better playing IMO. The difference is slight though.
Im sure it is system dependent for sure.

I will redo testing of ROON vs DS this weekend probably.

I recently switched my Mac mini 2011 to a Cirrus7 8i5 with ROCK placed in another room and the UpTone EtherRegen used before the signal enters the Aries G2.

I think the main competition for the G2 is the Lumin U1, dcs bridge and maybe an sotm sms-1000Sq or 200 ultra with tx usb and sclk-ocx10.

Apparently nuc -> rpi2aes -> audio gd di20HE is very good and maybe better than dcs bridge according to a user on head fi who compared them.