ARC and bit perfect

An iPhone can do CD quality. CarPlay can do CD quality. An iPhone with an external DAC can do 24/192 with Roon ARC. You can use auxiliary into your car audio system if you have it. I have found that you don’t need more than CD quality in a car. I set my iPhone and iPad Roon ARC for “Original Format” on WIFI and “CD Quality” on cellular.

USB Audio Pro is the answer , it by passes the Android audio setup.($10 I think)

Add a nice DAC say Audioquest Dragonfly Red or Cobalt , then nice headphones and voila . Even try NON bit perfect Bluetooth headphones like the Sony WU 1000 MX4 or 5 , then do a 3 glass test

Almost forgot a 256 Gb SD card with you top 700 albums on it and you’re good to go

Its only music not Rocket Science BTW what is this ARC thing ? :smiling_imp:

PS NO Cellular costs

3 Likes

for completeness wanted to report that ARC on an iPad outputting directly via USB-C to a Topping E50 DAC works bit-perfectly in every way I tried: high-res FLACs (DXD), MQA FLACs (unfolding to 96kHz and DXD), both downloaded to ARC and streamed: just flawless! (If only the ARC UI took advantage of the iPad). Very well done Roon!