Are separate display devices associated with headless endpoints a thing, and if not, can they be?

Sparky is on my ‘next’ list as the hardware arrived this week.

I’m not sure what you mean. If you look at the website then you can see that RoPieee works with Hifiberry and IQaudio hats.

remote controls (other then the the Roon app) are right now not supported.

Take a look at Raspberry pi with 7" screen. Check the forums for Ropieee. It provides a complete software solution for the Rpi. It can do what you are asking for or you can add a DAC hat like an Allo Boss and have a complete appliance with RCA out to your amp. I ordered everything online and it took less than 30 minutes to assemble, startup and then a little tweaking on Roon and the Ropieee web access. Take the time to read through the posts and you should have what you are looking for. Rpi does run only with wired Ethernet so that could be a complication if you need wireless.

1 Like

There use to be a network player for iTunes back in 2005 called Roku Soundbridge m2000 which did exactly that:
OLED dot matrix screen, displaying title and artist and duration, with a side of bargraph! IR remote too. I’d love to see an modern equivalent just for displaying Roon basic infos.
http://www.audio-ideas.com/reviews/mp3/graphics/roku-m2000.jpg

2 Likes