Astell & Kern SR35 Thoughts and Reviews

Thank you for your explanation, it’s clear to me now what you were trying to state. As an aside I did write the following in this thread regarding T Mobile and Roon.

“Still testing, I’m having issues because I have T-Mobile Home internet, which is not allowing me to stream Roon to my phone outside of my network.” (phone bolded for emphasis)

My main use for the DAP, in all honestly a first world problem. I set up a personal listening station with a recliner with an integrated small table attached to the arm of the chair as a listening station. I have a dedicated Ipad to control my Amazon Music Unlimited (soon to be Roon and Qobuz or Tidal) account and wanted a small DAC/AMP plugged into the Ipad that fit on the side of the IPAD on the small table to drive my HD6XX. My main priorities were that the device was that it have a good AMP and a DAC that connects to my Ipad and my phone. It also needed to be able to receive LDAC from my home theater system so I can use my headphones when watching TV. I love the sound of this little device and it’s working very well for me as a Roon endpoint as well. What’s great is that using the Ipad, I can control the SR35 and have it stream LDAC to my home theater system while on the couch as well. The Ipad works as the transport and the SR35 works as the streaming device to my system. Interestingly, if I decide not to use Roon, I can always use the free AK Connect, which I didn’t even know existed on this device. It works as a streaming platform allowing me to stream Tidal as well as anything on the DAP through WIFI.

I’m glad you understand my intent and my point.

You’re correct that I missed that you’d specified you were having issues with your phone in addition to discussing your SR35.

I hope you continue to enjoy your SR35!