Audio from Video formats, and a better search

@danny Search definitely needs improving.
I have the following album in my library:

Running a search for “Franz Josef Haydn” delivers 12 albums from my library and then starts listing stuff from Qobuz and Tidal. The “Jahreszeiten” is not included in the list (yes, I went all the way to the end). The way to find it is to go to the composer section of the results.
I don’t get why the “Jahreszeiten” is not listed under the album section and the other 12 albums in my library are.
I find this behavior neither intuitive nor consistent.

In your screen grab, you can see that under “Composed by” they have “Joseph” but you searched for “Josef.” I think Roon should be able to handle that, but it is not an easy problem to solve.

Also note that the album is not called Die Jahreszeiten but Haydn: Die Jahreszeiten. A very annoying habit by many publishers, streaming services and metadata publishers — and not just for classical. Sometimes even the tracks have this kind of attribution, or instrumentation or other stuff.

That’s probably not the cause of your problem here, but it can make albums hard to find.

I always edit the title when I see this.

@Nick Thanks for pointing this out. Sorry, the description of the search in my post was inaccurate. I had searched for what Roon proposed, which is Franz Joseph Haydn. Just redid the search (with Joseph as proposed) and got the same 12 albums without the “Jahreszeiten”. Somehow it doesn’t get picked up although in the credits Franz Joseph Haydn is clearly listed as the composer.

I believe that Roon prioritizes results based on your library. It makes sense that once you’ve added Bill Monroe to your library it has priority in terms of search returns.