Auralic add MQA, RoonReady to Aries at CES

There are many of us who do agree with you and have argued very similar things (though I expect the improvement to be more incremental than truly revolutionary.) Now though we don’t have a leg to stand on with the kind of mess they have created with Auralic and the lack of clear information about the various ways MQA will be implemented in our home equipment.

I know I am repeating myself but how any company with such an uphill battle cannot communicate simply and clearly with the end consumers in this day and age is baffling. The Roon team is much smaller and they are doing a much better job. Thanks guys.

This thread is mostly focused on issues with the communication and rollout of MQA, but I wanted to post a positive note to add a drop of hope:

A number of us have heard the MQA demo, and it’s not an incremental improvement, it’s a multiple order of magnitude leap into far greater realism and engagement. I come from a family of symphony musicians (absolutely no talent myself) and couldn’t believe how much more real the MQA demo was than any recorded music I’d ever heard before.

It’s driving us all crazy right now, but o’mama it’s gonna be worth the wait. A year from now, we’ll all be listening to MQA recordings with our jaws on the floor, pissed off that our favorite album won’t be released for another month.

7 Likes

It is reasonable to criticize the communication and relationship management of the MQA organization, but it is not very interesting in a forum like this.

It is not reasonable to judge the technical merits of the technology based on that business mishap.

Nor is it reasonable to judge the market need based on it.

The cautious optimism of these last posts is more appealing.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting your experience and background.

Gosh, I hope you are right!