Auralic – disingenuous or merely incompetent? But I'm happy now :-)

This is the funniest thing I read today. They were just waiting for your feedback to fix their web site. Remember I said that they are arrogant. They ain’t gonna fix anything. Lol.

I have no idea if Auralic are arrogant… I know nothing about them, other than that they make some very nice products.

But I suspect they’re savvy business people. Threads like this aren’t good for business.

Exactly.

Let’s see if anything happens.

Are you on happy pills?

Sorry you have been trolled by the lover of Jazz.

I’d like to see what response Auralic make about their false advertising, have you contacted them directly at all?

Companies should be exposed if they tell customers they are getting one thing, and then in reality they are being sold something else, especially when it is an inferior product. Luckily for you, you where able to test the product, many wouldn’t be able to and this I imagine is what Auralic bank on.

I have a Auralic Aries G2.1, so feel let down by this as i invested a lot with Auralic.

Lets see what they say about it.

Nope. I just have three years experience with Auralic. My Aries G1 is excellent but my direct communications with Auralic has been terrible so I am a bit jaded about what if anything that they will do about this based on experience. Sorry I come off so negative. I just have had too many emails with them to think they will ever do anything.

We have different definitions of trolling but I do take your point and will go away now and just listen. Can’t wait to see Auralic respond to this post and fix all of your concerns about false advertising.

1 Like

I’ve had an Aries G2.1 here on home loan for a couple of weeks, and really like it. But it has features that I’m not interested in - I need a multichannel DAC, so will likely never use its L-Link, and all my gear apart from speakers and amps sits in my basement, so aesthestics and solid casework are of little consequence to me. Going for a G2.1, it seemed that I’d be paying a premium for such things.

When I read that the G1.1 had a galvanically isolated USB port, I assumed that Auralic had implemented the same design as they have in the G2.1, which certainly is galvanically isolated. But it seems they haven’t. Indeed, the only real difference between the G1 and G1.1 seems to be a new silver base plate, again of no consequence to me.

I’d be happy to be proven wrong by Auralic.

Would it not make more sense to post all this on the Auralic forum ?

.sjb

4 Likes

Really no one here knowing this?

I’ve just found it, and will do that.

Has anyone compared the performance of something like this that is purpose built to something off the shelf like a Pi4 with RopieeeXL? No femto clocks, but much easier and far more frequent updates!

So… I just got a response from Auralic on their forum: Auralic – disingenuous or merely incompetent? - Support - AURALiC | Community.

They will correct the mistake in the Aries G1.1 description.

No mention of when the G1.1 will be Roon tested/certified.

Ha, I don’t have any skin in this game, but I noticed that they completely ignored your observation about lack of galvanic isolation or what clocks were being used.

Love this -

“hear it does not meet your expectation. It is your money and your choice; it is normal to love or hate it…if you do not like it then move on to the next target.”

IOW, F&ck off, we don’t need you.

Looks like @John_Aiello wasn’t trolling after all.

2 Likes

I never thought John was trolling. But he did say, “They were just waiting for your feedback to fix their web site. Remember I said that they are arrogant. They ain’t gonna fix anything.” And it looks like he’s wrong.

As for Auralic? Though I would have hoped for more, it’s exactly the sort of ‘diplomatic’ reply I expected to receive.

Fixing the verbiage in the description isn’t really fixing anything, but whatever. :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you going to return the unit? Just curious. If I’m imposing then no need to reply.

1 Like

Just to wrap this thread up…

Yesterday, when I tried to select the G1.1 from Roon, I got a message saying that it was not Roon certified.

I set the G1.1 back up again today, and the first thing it did was to automatically update its firmware (it didn’t do this yesterday). It now works perfectly with Roon. My thanks to Xuanqian Wang at Auralic for suggesting this.

I have no idea why, but the new G1.1 sounds so much better than my old G1 (which I bought used a short while ago). And for anyone who’s interested, I’ll definitely be keeping the G1.1 :slightly_smiling_face:.

Thanks to those of you who made some helpful suggestions here.

Mani (a happy Auralic customer)

2 Likes

@Mani_Sandher I’m going to change your subject a bit… hope you agree to the update

If you have a better one note it here and someone or I will change it for you if you can’t.

…despite only getting one out of the three things you paid rather a lot of money for? You said that the lack of galvanic isolation was the showstopper.

A few points:

• I was pretty ■■■■■■ off when I wrote that.
  • I really thought that, after a lot of time and effort researching and home-testing, I’d found the perfect streamer for me - all the functionality of the G2.1 that I felt was relevant to me, at half the price.
  • When I discovered the lack of USB galvanic isolation, I was disappointed that my perfect ‘solution’ wasn’t as perfect as I thought it was, and especially disappointed that I’d been misled by Auralic about its USB isolation, which I believed was part of the G2.1’s good sound.

Remember, I became aware of the G1.1’s lack of USB isolation before I’d had a chance to hear it. But once I got the G1.1 working and heard it, all of my belief in it requiring USB isolation went out of the window - it clearly sounded superb without it.

Auralic have admitted their mistake and say they’ll rectify it. I have a streamer that I really like the sound of. So what do I do? Return it just to remain consistent with my original frustrations? Or keep it in light of transpiring events?