Authentication: The need for MQA or other similar idea?

Going from analog to digital from a very specific master it will always be a matter of trust in the producer’s (or artist or engineer or whatever) word. Once in the digital domain, the blockchain approach can certify any digital file (audio or not), without the need of an intermediary/proprietary audio format.

Blockchain? Are you thinking of copy protection? Or making music an NFT? For certification, you only need a public key certificate and a digital signature.

Hey @robbi_burdeck, really keen to learn more. Would love to see these references. I’m always open to having my mind opened.

Does iFi Audio’s “GTO filter” count? It’s not MQA but … ?? see the end of the document

1 Like

“Technical assistance came from an unexpected source; MQA.”

Interesting. Looks like MQA is being helpful. Do they seek the “A” a little more than people give them credit for?

“ For recordings not available in MQA derived from analogue Masters or genuine high- resolution digital masters with a known provenance, selecting iFi’s GTO filter presents the highest possible fidelity.”

My take on this, is this GTO filters applies some MQA’esque tinkering on the fly.

Views?