B1405 Android remote freezing [Ticket in]

I feel it may be tied to the home page updates maybe as itd something to do with connecting to Qobuz and these are tied and the updates run quite often. Maybe it’s this that’s stalling something. It’s odd though as to why it doesn’t affect all users. But I think this is the area that needs looking into and all the things that changed in build in 2.0.25 as this is when it started to rear its ugly head. Maybe been there longer but this triggered something.

1 Like

Im on EA and using 3 x android devices.
Local library only, no Qobuz / Tidal
No crashes or freezes wirh 1405.

1 Like

When was the ‘always online’ thing turned off, back to 1.8 days?

Feb 7, way after the remote issue started

2 Likes

I agree EA b1405 is a regression over b1402. Very slow again and sometimes nothing is shown for albums, tracks and composers until the remote is killed. Since installation random lags were detected both on the server and IOS app. Best version so far for me was b1402 (local files only).

EDIT. After getting impossible to use with delays of more than 5 seconds before playing, scrolling not responding and empty screens most of the times on ipad, turning off the server and starting over seemed to fix the issues. Reboot/restart was not enough for some strange reason. Server was not needed to be shut down for months.

1 Like

You mean such a screen?

Happens from time to time since B1405 appeared (Remote runs on MacOS Ventura 13.0). Cannot reproduce the error but have a feeling that computer in standby and library changes in roon are making it more likely to appear.

That’s been happening for a lot longer than B1405 for some of us. It’s same issue that crops up on mobile and tablet. Connection to core is severed in the background but the app remains up for some reason. You can navigate cached pages. What ever changes they made for 1405 seems to have made it more prevalent. I’ve had it happen on windows and macOS as well as consistently on iPhone.

1 Like

In my case I had that screen empty of squares and the same legend “0 of xxx albums”. Never had this issue before. As I mentioned, turning off and on the server fixed it, but definitely previous version was a lot more responsive.

@Ivan

Thought I’d share some new experiences.

I have a production build Roon Rock set up on an under spec’d mini PC.

I have another mini PC running DietPi Pi and the current EA release.

My Roon Remote on Android 14 is also the latest EA version.

I’m seeing the remote app (EA) recover from being frozen, albeit with a delay when in use with the production build on the Rock machine.

Currently backing up music files from my DietPi machine, but it wasn’t recovering from a frozen screen.

When I have Roon Remote on production build, Roon server on production build I’m getting more frozen remotes now than ever before. With or without Tidal or Qobuz logged in.

May or not help.